Company Policies Intership AS
- Our vision and goals
- Health, Safety and Quality policy
- Environmental policy
- Drug and Alcohol policy
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption policy
- Social responsibility and Equal opportunities policy
- Data Security policy
Our vision is to be the preferred supplier of sustainable handling, treatment, and transportation of live fish.
We will achieve our vision through the most advanced vessels, competence, and sustainability.
The company’s goals are to increase value for customers and stakeholders through:
- Best in class fish welfare
- Optimized operations
- The most competent people
- Sustainable growth
We will monitor and review our achievements towards performance, compliance to guidelines and customer requirements and expectations regarding Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
Intership shall work continuously for improvements by risk assessing all potential hazards and seeking optimum solutions for systems, technology and vessels. Company aims to prevent loss of lives and injury to personnel or damage to property or the environment.
The people are our most valued resource. We focus on providing our vessels with highly skilled crew with the necessary competence and training. By this the company will achieve to have well qualified seafarers that will contribute to prevent accidents or incidents caused by human error.
Intership AS shall:
- Assess all identified risks to our personnel, ships and the environment in accordance with Risk Assessment standards and good practice.
- Establish appropriate safeguards against all identified risks
- To offer competitive product and services within the industry
- Ensure that all Company’s activities are performed in accordance with national and international legislation and regulations as well as internal/external guidelines
- Improve quality of service
- Evaluate and handle any complaints or comments from our clients as valuable information to aid improvement
- To manage the fleet in accordance with the best professional standards
- To have in place an effective organizational structure suitable for the Company’s business activities
Intership AS is committed to maintaining and improving Environmental programs and seek improvements that might mitigate or prevent pollution or harm to the environment. Intership’s activity’s must in compliance with all environmental legislation relevant to the operations carried out.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are to:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Avoid release of contagious biological material
- Safeguard accidental impact through implementation and monitoring of proactive management systems and risk assessments
- Minimize toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement
- Assess on regular basis chemical used with focus on more environmentally friendly alternatives
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimize the environmental impact of onshore and offshore activities
- Comply with environmental legislation that relates to the Company
- Ensure all employees are aware and trained to the company’s environmental policy and environmental aspects of the organizations activities, products and services that could be affected by their work
- Ensure all Contractors carrying out work for Intership AS have appropriate competence and training to comply with the environmental policie
The Consumption and possession of alcohol or drugs on-board vessels operated by Intership AS is strictly prohibited.
All employees may be subjected to random drug or alcohol tests at any port. Such tests will be carried out by independent personnel and analyzed at a recognized laboratory. Testing may be required by request of the Master, Charterer or Port Authority, and may also be carried out following any type of incident.
The use and possession of drugs other than those strictly prescribed by a medical practitioner by both employees and subcontractor’s employees is prohibited and will lead to dismissal from employment as well as reporting to the relevant authorities. It must be remembered that traces of drug use remain in the blood for several months after having been taken.
Any person under the influence of prohibited drugs or alcohol whilst serving on-board any of the Company vessels will lend themselves liable to instant dismissal.
In occasions when the vessel is in port and will not be in operation for the next 24hours, the vessels Captain can apply the CEO or the Fleet Manager for permission to consume alcohol ashore within reasonable amounts for a short and defined period. This must be done in a written form and related to welfare arrangements for the crew on-board. The application can be rejected without further explanation.
Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption policy
Intership is committed to conducting business in an ethical and honest manner and is committed to implementing and enforcing systems that ensure bribery is prevented. Intership has zero-tolerance for bribery and corrupt activities. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships, wherever in the world we operate.
Intership will constantly uphold all laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Intership recognizes that bribery and corruption are punishable by up to several years of imprisonment and a fine. If our company is discovered to have taken part in corrupt activities, we may be subjected to an unlimited fine, be excluded from tendering for public contracts, and face serious damage to our reputation. It is with this in mind that we commit to preventing bribery and corruption in our business and take our legal responsibilities seriously.
Any potential violations identified and other observations made can be directed on an anonymous basis to the Company’s Designated Person.
Social responsibility and Equal opportunities policy
All business in Intership shall respect and protect internationally proclaimed human rights and make sure the company are not complicit in any human right abuses. As a responsible employer, Intership is committed to complying with relevant national statutory requirements and legislation.
Intership respects the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
Intership supports the elimination of forced compulsory and child labour. It is our intention to enable all our employees to work in an environment which allows them to fulfil their potential without fear of discrimination, harassment, or victimisation.
Intership is committed to equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Intership does not discriminate based on race, colour, or nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, religion or belief, age or any other ground on which it is or becomes unlawful to discriminate.
Intership’s commitment to equal opportunities extends to all aspects of the working relationship including:
- Recruitment and selection procedures.
- Terms of employment, including pay, conditions, and benefits.
- Training, appraisals, career development and promotions.
- Work practices, conduct issues, allocation of tasks, discipline, and grievances; and
- Termination of employment and matters after termination, including references.
Our principles of non-discrimination and equal opportunities also applies to the way we as Intership shall treat our visitors, clients, customers, supplier, and former employees.
Achieving the objective of equal opportunities is a collective task shared between managers and employees. All have responsibility to ensure compliance with this policy, and to always treat colleagues with dignity and not discriminate against or harass other employees, visitors, clients, customers, suppliers, and former employees.
The policy and the rules contained applies to entire organisation irrespectively of seniority or level of employment.
Data Security policy
The risk of data theft and security breaches can have severe impact on Intership AS systems,safe practices in ship operation, personal data, working environment and environmental protection. The company is committed to establishing security measures to ensure
information remains secure and protected.
Intership shall work continuously for improvements by risk assessing all potential security hazards and seeking optimum solutions for systems, technology, and vessels.
Our control shall contribute to the processing of personal data in accordance with fundamental privacy considerations, including the need for personal integrity, privacy, and sufficient quality of personal data.
Intership AS shall:
- protect company data and infrastructure,
- establish appropriate safeguards against all identified risks
- outline the protocols and guidelines that govern data security measures,
- handle unwanted events and reduce the likelihood of similar or repeated incidents,
- define the rules for company and personal use,
- ensure the security of all company-issued devices and information,
- have in place an effective support and competence,
- shall ensure that information is processed in accordance with the requirements of
relevant laws and regulations,
- prevent access to systems and information for unauthorized persons,
- ensure that employees have sufficient competence to meet the company’s security
needs and security requirements,
- ensure that information processing is correct, and that information cannot be altered
without legal access.